I need to start off by saying…I’ve been keeping a secret. Not on purpose though! But I realized the other day that I needed to share it (it’s just not fair not to).
I’ve been using a Korean beauty product for months now, that’s both super weird and also really cool. It’s a peel-off lip stain! It’s perfect for the “everyday” effortless look. The stain adds a bit of color to your lips without looking like you have any lipstick or gloss on. You know by now, that I love my lip colors, but sometimes the au natural look is warranted.
Check out this “how-to” video where you can see my before and after using the peel-off lip stain:
- When I say apply liberally, APPLY LIBERALLY. Use a lot. Goop it on there.
- Make sure you “color inside the lines”. Given that this is lip stain, it will most definitely stain whatever you get it on. So, make sure you’re evenly applying it on your lips.
- Don’t touch your lips together while it’s drying. It’s super awkward to walk around with your lips parted, but it’s necessary in this case. So perhaps apply this lip stain when you’re by yourself, or in the bathroom getting ready, so that you don’t have to explain why you’re awkwardly standing with your mouth gaping open.
- Don’t start peeling it off until it’s fully dry. Touch it first. If it sticks to your finger, it’s not dry yet. Just wait. When it’s smooth and doesn’t come off on your finger, it’s time to peel!
- Use a moist paper towel to get some of the excess color off your lips after you’ve peeled most of it off. Don’t rub too hard though! Remember, this is a stain, and it will come off. Especially if you exfoliate.
- Use a gloss or balm to seal in the color. Your lips may be a bit dry after peeling the stain off, so top it with a gloss to add some moisture and lock in the color.
Alright! Ready to try it out? I found the best deal – $3.95 and includes free shipping! You can choose from six different colors. If you want my color, I have the “Lovely Peach“. Just know that it comes out a bit more pink than peach, but still cute!
Have you tried a peel-off lip stain like this before? If so, how’d you like it? Did it work for you? Drop me a line!